Monday, February 20, 2012

The universe & me.

It's a weird relationship. One in which we never master but spend our entire lives trying to find the balance.

We try and we try, we force things, we kick & scream, even feeling desperate at times. We are soaring and hopeful one day and the next day you find yourself watching Whitney Houston's funeral on CNN for 5 hours crying and eating an entire pan of brownies (true story, obviously)...

The universe.
Me.

When we mesh, it's delightful & I'm unstoppable.
When we don't, I feel like blowing things up.

This last week has been an emotional rollercoaster. There's been no happy medium whatsoever. And it made me think to myself over the last few nights...what...the...hell...am I doing?

There's obviously a reason this is happening. The universe is obviously trying to tell me SOMETHING.

So this morning, I figured- Maybe I should get it together.
My head, my body, my heart. Maybe if we all can synchronize for a bit, the rest of the world will catch on.
I don't know the last time I completely focused on me. Being self-indulgent but in healthier ways.

As these thoughts kept entering my mind on how to start this process...somebody, somewhere heard me.
One great meeting, one quick/painless & great paying demo session, and a royalty check in the mail later it became evident that my luck had shifted. And I thought to myself:

Remember this day.
Remember this Monday.
God heard you and told the universe to cut you a break.

Maybe I should start thinking more proactive thoughts more often...

No comments:

Post a Comment