Friday, June 8, 2012

I've been waking up to this lately... It's been a refreshing change of pace for me. Waking up before 6AM. Seeing the sun rise. Going to the park in downtown Nashville for bootcamp classes. Feeling energized and invigorated enough after my relentless workout to accomplish errands, emails, house chores, etc. and be completed by 10AM. Only to find that I have the day to make it what I want it to be. I'm taking my sweet time to sync my mind, body, and heart for the first time in years. I've been playing the guitar and writing a lot these days. Apparently, I've had a lot to say because I'm finding a lot to write about. Slowly but surely, I'm finding myself feeling the need/desire/urge to just hibernate upstairs and pick up the guitar. I haven't felt like that in a long long time. And once I sit down and start jotting down a line, it seems like more and more lines are following. There is no appointment. There is no cowriter. There is no writing room or lunch break. It's just me, saying whatever the hell comes to mind whenever the hell I feel it. It's very empowering ;) This week is CMA Fest and though I've done a couple short performances, it's nothing compared to what I've done each year for the last 5 years. I knew that it was an emotional and physical responsibility that I wasn't prepared for this year. There was too much going on in my world, too many uncertainities and things I just couldn't wrap my head around. Luckily, things are fallen into place better than I anticipated and I feel like I'm finally getting my footing back for the first time in awhile. Unfortunately, that happened a little too late to make anything really happy for this year's CMA Fest. However strange and somewhat heart-aching it is to not be participating more this year, it just completely and utterly confirms that I am COMMITTED 1000% to being back, bigger & bolder than ever in 2013! New CD, new merch, new tour...and I will be ready to conquer! I'm very excited <3

No comments:

Post a Comment