Friday, June 15, 2012

Bringing it back.

My confidence definitely got a thorough shaking this week. Don't know who I'm more disappointed in...the person for their actions, or the fact that I allow myself to continue to be hurt by them. Well actually...that's not true, I know exactly who I'm more disappointed in.

I've come a long way. I don't want to go backwards for anyone or anything. There are no more excuses as to not rising to my potential every single day. I pray every morning that the past keeps it's distance from today. Because I am not who I was a month ago, or a year ago. I only want to elevate.

"Doing your best in this moment puts you in the best place for the next moment."

Bring it on.

I also believe that anyone is as happy as they make up their mind to be. I've missed too many opportunities to let better into my life because I've been busy holding onto things that don't bring out the best in me. The past has continually clouded my present...until now.

This summer is all about change...mentally, physically, spiritually, musically. It's all about being fearless and leaping anyway. It's about believing in the unseen.

It's so unbelievably cliche, but over the last couple of months, I truly am beginning to see that everything happens for a reason. I can kick & scream and try to make something what it's not, or I can accept that it's all part of the "greater plan". God knows exactly what He's doing, even if I don't. I just have to trust.

Trust has NEVER been an easy thing for me. (Have you heard my songs? Ha) But now is the time more than ever to let it go. I'm trusting in myself and believing in myself for the first time in years. I'm trusting that God will take care of me & help me find out who is deserving of being here for me while I'm on this journey. And that He will assist me in forgiving but removing from my life those who are not.

No comments:

Post a Comment