Saturday, December 24, 2011

When you come from crazy...

I'm in Michigan.
'Nuff said.

Just kidding :)

I spent the afternoon with my sisters and my brother, trying to finish up the Christmas gift for our parents, that once again, we were piecing together at the very last minute. It was during our "soap opera/fake family meltdown" in the middle of Belleville's Walmart, amongst the inappropriate comments and the pulling of each other's hair, I realized...I have no hope of ever being 'normal'. My brother and I singing Adele (throwing in some crazy interpretive dance moves) throughout our kitchen and creating completely vulgar song parodies and raps in a serious manner. Again, not so normal. When my sister and I danced nonstop for hours in the local bar last night like we were in a never-ending Zumba class, full of dips, Michael Jackson moves, cheerleading jumps, and her holding my head to her chest (considering I'm 5'1 and she's 5'11...it just seemed natural), only breaking to go swig on OJ and vodka out of a water bottle in the bathroom. Again, not normal.

My grandmother asked me yesterday, "So do you think you and ___ broke up because he met our crazy family?" Wow, Granny...way to put the pin to the balloon. Actually, no, I don't. However, I will say that seeing the root of my craziness was probably a bit eye-opening for him. My sister proceeds to add salt to the wound by saying, "Yeah, from here on out, I'll meet your new boyfriend when you're married." Great. This said by the girl who's had the same boyfriend for 4 years. If I make it to 4 months, I'm impressed with myself. Apparently I didn't inherit the "committment" gene.

So yes, I've been single less than 3 weeks now and yes, I've gone out with several different gentlemen. Most of them didn't go beyond the 2nd date. Butttt...that doesn't mean that I don't want a "relationship" persay. Or that I wouldn't like to keep someone around longer than a few months, especially after meeting mi familia. I guess this is where we separate the weak from the strong, the boys from the men. If meeting my family aids in this, then so be it. Because let it be said, I've never laughed harder, fought louder, danced crazier, or just been downright entertained than when I come home to see my family.

At this very moment, my little bubsy Nolan is reached for my phone that's right beside me. Might not be a bad idea to turn over my cell to a one year old. I'm sure he'd make better decisions with it than me.

...

And now I'm distracted because Mom's demanding my help in the kitchen for our big Polish feast tonight. This should be amusing.
Me. My mother. In a kitchen.
Someone make a YouTube video of this please.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE TO ALL, AND TO ALL A GOOD NIGHT!

No comments:

Post a Comment